68248: Acronis Cyber Protect, Acronis Cyber Backup: Installation of third-party Antivirus fails if Acronis Agent is installed
Last update: 26-03-2021
Installation of third-party endpoint security software (e.g. BitDefender Endpoint Security) fails or hangs on the machine where Acronis Agent is installed, even when Acronis Cyber Backup license is used or Antivirus & Antimalware protection is disabled.
Acronis Cyber Protect Agent and third-party endpoint security software use the same network filtering driver (bddci.sys) that cannot be shared.
Before installing third-party endpoint security software follow the steps below to remove bddci.sys driver:
- Disable Self-Protection on the machine:
- open the protection plan for editing,
- go to Active Protection module,
- turn off Self-protection,
- save and apply protection plan
- Open Elevated Command prompt: Start -> in search, type cmd -> right-click cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Run the following commands:
sc stop bddci
sc delete bddci
- Install third-party endpoint protection software.
In the upcoming releases, Acronis Cyber Protect Agent would support the dynamic installation of components like bddci.sys, so the issues described in this article will be resolved automatically.